Facebook pay is one of the latest features developed by Facebook for all Facebook account owners. This platform was created by Facebook to aid user make payment using their Facebook messenger without having to go through many processes. Over 133 million Facebook users actively make use of the messenger app to send messages, pictures or videos with friends and family. Facebook has always upgraded the messenger platform, adding new and amazing features, but Facebook pay is one of the most outstanding features Facebook Messenger has seen although other top features like video calling, chatbots and Facebook secret conversation were added. Facebook Pay setup.
Facebook pay might still be new to most of Facebook users, and some might still be confused with the setup, but this article will give you everything you need to know about Facebook pay setup. What is Facebook pay? It is a quick and easy way For Facebook users to transfer money to their friends or contacts using the Facebook messenger platform. they do this using their registered debit card or PayPal account. For now, the service is only available in the United States, United Kingdom and France for use in Android, iOS or desktop computer. At least this should give you a basic knowledge about Facebook Pay, now what you need to worry about is Facebook pay setup.
How to Setup Facebook Pay | Facebook Pay Setup via Messenger App
If you are used to chatting with your Friends using the messenger platform, then this should not take much of your time. Making use of the payments feature can be very quick and hassle-free, you can even do it without interrupting your existing conversation. With that said, if you have a Facebook account, you can start up the Facebook pay setup process immediately. Steps on how to set up Facebook pay is stated below:
- First, select the payment in the profile settings
- After that, fill out your Payment info. You can either choose to use your debit card or sync your PayPal account with Facebook pay. You should know that whatever account you use would be where your fund transactions would be based.
- You can also choose to add a personal identification number for security. if you are making use of an android device, or an iOS you can choose to make use of a touch ID. But this is optional.
Once you are done with the Facebook Pay Setup process, you can start sending money and also start receiving money. One tip you should also have at the back of your mind is that since all the payment is transferred directly through your debit card or PayPal account, no extra fee is needed.
How to Send or request a Facebook Payment
After completing the Facebook Pay Setup process, sending a payment to your friends on the platform is very easy, all you have to do is:
- Start a conversation with the person you want to transfer money to by search for them and tapping their name
- Once the conversation page comes up, tap the money icon at the left of the text box
- Select the amount you want to transfer, add a note and click “request” or “pay” to complete your transaction.
- Once that is done the payment details will show up in the conversation and can easily be actioned by another party.
- If you requested and it was denied it you would be notified.
The amount of money that can be transferred is not limited. And another tip is that you cannot cancel a transfer after it has been sent so always make sure to double-check the amount you want to send.