How to Apply for Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF) $5000 Grant 2021
How to Apply for (TEF) $5000 Grant 2021. Tony Elumelu Foundation has opened its yearly funding program for Africans. The Tony Elumelu Foundation (TEF), Africa’s leading philanthropy dedicated to empowering African entrepreneurs, opens applications on its TEFConnect digital platform today, January 1, 2021.
BELOW ARE THE GUIDELINES FOR TEFConnnet
- Startup African entrepreneurs based in Africa
- Business at the idea stage are welcome, as well as innovative businesses that have been in existence for less than 3 years
- Business can be in any sectorWhat the TEF Entrepreneurship Programme Offers:
- Business Training
- $5,000 non-refundable seed capital
- Global Networking Opportunities
- Business must have potential to create jobs and revenue on the continent
- Following applications, African entrepreneurs will undergo business training.
- Shortlisted candidates will prepare and submit an updated business plan
- Top performing entrepreneurs will be shortlisted to go through a pitching phase in all 54 African countries, in English, French, Portuguese or Arabic.
- Top performers will be selected to receive the $5,000 seed capital.
- Finalists to receive $5,000 seed capital will be announced at the TEF ForumTimelines:
- January 1, 2021: Application portal opens
- March 31, 2021: Application portal closes; initial long list is announced to proceed for business training
- April – May: Training & mentorship
- June: Pan-African pitching competitions
- July: Announcement of finalists at the TEF Forum
- August – September: Background Check
- August – December: Seed Funding Disbursement
The deadline is on 31 March 2021.
please don’t forget to share