You can search for people, posts, photos, videos, places, Pages, groups, apps, links, events and more on Facebook. Facebook search results are based on your Facebook activity. Facebook search results aren’t influenced by activity off Facebook.
Your unique Facebook search results are based on Facebook activity such as:
- What you’re able to see on Facebook, including what your friends share with you.
- Posts from your friends.
- Places where you’ve been tagged or places similar to those places.
- Things you like (example: Pages you follow or interests indicated on your profile).
- Groups you’ve joined.
- Events you’ve liked or are interested in.
- Previous searches you’ve done.
- Content you’ve interacted with in News Feed.
Your Facebook search results are also based on Facebook community activity including:
- Popularity of content for a particular search term.
- How recently something was posted.
You may see results from people you’re not friends with because you’re in the audience for the post. Keep in mind that public posts can be seen by anyone, including people outside of Facebook.